Does any body have any good ideas for a receipe?

Sunday I need to bring a side. I dont know what to bring. I want something easy and pretty cheap on costs. Does any one have any ideas? Ohh and pics are great but if you dont have a pic a receipe will be just as awsome.

Nikky0803PAG

Asked by Nikky0803PAG at 9:36 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Holidays

• Crock-Pot Mac & Cheese

2 C Macaroni
    1/4 C oil
    1 stick butter (cubed)
    1 lb Velveeta (cubed)
    1 C milk
    1 egg
    1/4 t salt
    1 t pepper
    1/16 t cayenne
    8 oz bag of cheddar cheese

*Cook macaroni in boiling water with the 1/4 C of oil
    *Place butter in crock-pot to melt
    *Drain macaroni (do not rinse) and place in crock-pot
    *Add Velveeta, salt, pepper and cayenne. Mix gently
    *Mix together egg and milk, then pour over macaroni (milk mixture should come up to one inch from top of the macaroni)
    *Sprinkle cheddar cheese over macaroni
    *Cook 4 hours on low or 2 hours on high

*Mix well before serving!
    Cookie1124

Answer by Cookie1124 at 12:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• my sister always makes pistachio salad and cranberry salad. I believe you can find the reciepe on the jello box of pistachio and cranberry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• what about devilled eggs? My favorite salad is where you make it on a platter. You can do any salad and it looks gorgeous served this way. We usually do spinach, mandarin oranges, small sliced celery, and slivered almonds. my mom makes a dressing with sugar, poppy seeds, and lots of other stuff in blender. It is so good I could get it if you are interested send me a msg.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Something that I think is super easy and easy on the wallet is either... snicker apple salad, or little smokies wrapped in bacon with brown sugar! If you want either of those recipes let me know!

Krissi
    Krissi041208

Answer by Krissi041208 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I always go for the cheesy hashbrown potatos. The cubed with peppers and onion...recipe on the orieda bag!! so yummy!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top! that has always been a favorite around here for holidays. you mash up a can of yams (or baked skinless yams. I bake the yams in the skin, then cut them in half, scoop out their innards and eat the skins myself with some butter in them. YUM!), add some butter, some brown sugar, stir it up. flatten the yams out level in a baking dish, then cover with one layer of large marshmallows (or a thick layer of small different colored marshmallows) and bake at 350 till the marshmallows are golden brown on top.

Voila, cheap and easy depending on if you use caned yams or regular yams.

MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:55 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Pineapple casserole I'm making it this Sunday and it is so good and easy.

2 cans chunk pineapple, drained
    1 c. sugar
    8 tbsp. self-rising flour
    2 c. grated cheddar cheese
    Ritz crackers
    1 stick melted butter

Mix all ingredients together. Pour into casserole. Crush lots of Ritz crackers on top. Pour 1 stick melted butter over top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
    Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I love making a crock-pot mac and cheese. It feeds a lot of people and goes over really well! If you want the receipe, message me or something!
    Cookie1124

Answer by Cookie1124 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Cookie1124 I'd love your Crock-pot Mac & Cheese recipe!! Everyone I've tried turned into a big crock-o-GLOB, nasty stuff!

I just can't get over Pineapple Casserole.... What's up with that? is it hot & sweet?
    Sorry, OP/Nikky, I have to cook the whole meal, and I'm coming up blank for some creative sides myself!!
    frasermom23

Answer by frasermom23 at 12:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2009