Newborn...

My newborn daughter pooped alot when she first came home... the pedi said its healthy.... but now it seems like it slowed down alot....she doesnt have poopy diapers like she did.... i mean she is still pooping but just not as much... is this normal?.... she is a week and two days old?....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes its normal, her body is adjusting to not being in the womb. As long as she is still going its not a problem.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:44 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• She should be just fine. As long as she is having about two to three poopies and four to six wet I believe...she is fine...! I remember when I first brought my son home I freaked out when his poop got all runny I even called the doctor after hours all panicked! GL..stay calm she is fine as long as she is crying, you are feeding her and loving her and she is getting sleep. Just remember that...trust me lol
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 9:45 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• it is normal to slow down. My daughter was bf and by a month old she was only going once or twice a week.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Is she Bf or FF? IF she is exclusively BF, at under 2 weeks old, fewer poops MAY mean she is not getting enough milk. Check out "How can I tell if my baby is getting enough milk" at http://www.llli.org/FAQ/enough.html

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:58 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• yes very normal! especially if your baby is breastfeeding! as she grows she is taking in the nutrients and what isnt used is pooped or peed out. not all babies have a steady poop schedule! my son went 3 weeks without pooping when he was a newborn and it concerned me at first, but he had no tummy pain and still had flatulence, so i guess he just didnt have to poop lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:52 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Normal!!!! As they get older their poops lessen, but I know your being worried. My dd goes a day w/o pooping and i'm nervous but i know somethings constipate her so theirs my worry. The baby is still poopin then you're good!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 12:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• As long as she has 6-8 wet diapers, and doesn't seem to be in pain, you're fine. A friend of mine's daughter would only poop once every TWO WEEKS! That was normal for her! I can understand your fear, though, I get nervous when my son goes a day or two without, and he's 7 months now! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2009