i am 19 weeks and 3 days and im huge my mother was the size i am now when she was 9 mths pregnant, why is that and im only having one child, and i was wy skinny before i was pregnant?

pregnancy

BrittanyGathing

Asked by BrittanyGathing at 2:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I was the same way with both of mine. The sad thing was that it had nothing to do with eating too much or gaining extra weight. My guess would be that your baby is going to be really long and probably over ... I'd say 7 pounds. That's how mine was. Alexander was 7-6 and 21 inches and Malachi was 8-6 and also 21 inches. ( The 3rd one is already showing and I'm only 9 wks along.)
    Good Luck do you know what your having?
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Be careful with eating too much sugar in your diet. That makes the baby grow too much.
    maribel6500

Answer by maribel6500 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• DEAR MOM EVERY WOMEN IS DIFFERENT JUST BECAUSE YOUR MOTHER WAS ONE SIZE AND YOU ARE ANOTHER DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING. JUST MAKE SURE YOU GET THE EXERCISE AND EAT CORRECTLY YOU ARE GOOD TO GO AND ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT YOU WOULD RATHER HAVE A HEALTHY BABY ABOVE ALL ELSE. DONT LET ANYONE MAKE YOU FEEL BAD ABOUT YOUR WEIGHT YOU ARE PREGNANT AND NOT IN A SKINNY COMPETITION
    kari01

Answer by kari01 at 2:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• lol...i had the same problem with my son. i looked like i could give birth anytime from about 20 weeks on!!! however, i had two reasons for this. 1 i had the condition....cant remember what it is called right this second....that caused me to have alot more amniotic fluid then other women, thus making my belly bigger, and i had diabetes, which causes big babies. good luck to you
    jenniewagster

Answer by jenniewagster at 2:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Every one is different, I was little before pregnancy and when I got pregnant I blew up. Just watch your diet, with all the sugars and carbs.
    miss_rae

Answer by miss_rae at 2:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• When you weigh more to begin with the baby relies on your reserves of fat and there's more room for baby, so people who are overweight actually gain less. A woman I know who is about 50 pounds overweight gained 15 pounds. I am maybe 5-10 pounds overweight and I gained 20 pounds and my friend who is 20 pounds underweight gained 40. So, if you are way skinny then you will gain more than your mom who may not be as skinny as you. Eating can have something to do with it too, but the skinnier you are generally the mroe you will gain.
    seakla

Answer by seakla at 3:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Oh yeah, and the size of the baby has a lot to do with it. Your doc will let you know if your weight is an issue.
    seakla

Answer by seakla at 3:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• maybe express your concerns to your health care provider and see if they might give you a sono to see if you have a tumor or something?
    shetibo

Answer by shetibo at 10:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Honey...this is the only time in your life that people cannot judge you for being "fat", "overweight", etc. Love it! You have a free ride on the weight thing right now. Don't look at all the "perfect" mama's. They probably aren't enjoying it as much as you are :) Leave the weight worries to after the baby is born and you can acctually do something about it.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 8:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2008