Would you feel disapointed if you birthday was absolutly nothing, or am I being a baby?

Yesterday I turned 30! Yes, 30. And I got nothing, I worked all day, then dh came in late and had nothing, my mother just said happy b-day.

My kids didnt even make me a card.

Part of me says: "ok,your an adult its no biggie" the other part says "man, nothing at all?"

Am I being a baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• no i would be upset
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:10 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• No... Birthdays are important to the person having them and your husband should have known better, but your kids really won't think about that stuff untill they are old enough to... Usually the father is suppose to help them with that when they are young.... I would just go out and buy yourself something and make yourself a cake and wish yourself a happy birthday... Make sure your husband sees it k! you soon see what im getting at.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:12 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I would be disappointed. Especially about the workplace. I stay home now but at my last job we took turns decorating everyone a cake and their cubicle up with streamers. You work with those people more than you're home so they should make a big deal out of it. Your husband should've taken you out to eat, if not on your birthday then on the weekend. And you might work with the kids to help them learn to go out of their way for people's birthdays. I don't think it's childish at all to make a big deal out of your birthday - that is your one special day of the year! Mine is on Monday. We're going out to eat this weekend. My aunt and grandma always stop by the house - my sister never remembers even though I remember hers. And my niece has no idea when my birthday is even though I go out of my way to make hers rememberable (she's 17). What can ya do???
    renrut3907

Answer by renrut3907 at 10:12 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I dont think you are being a baby. Birthdays are special. Im so sorry you had one like that.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 10:12 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I would be upset too. If I were you I would tell your hubby how you feel. Yea we're adults, but we still need to feel loved and important and your birthday is a big deal.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 10:13 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Yes your in adult. It always annoys me when adults make a big fuss about it. I didn't even get my hubby anything for his birthday this year. While they should have told you happy birthday- I would have expected anything else.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:13 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I totally understand..every year September 4th goes by w/o anyone even saying happy birthday! It's does hurt! I remember all dates, and my calender even has birthdays listed.(the calender in the kitchen!) I surely expect NO gifts, just a simple, "Happy Birthday"!
    Why are ppl that way, especially family members? You better believe I get attention come Mother's Day! LOL I plan on taking THE WHOLE weekend off!!!
    Stacey833

Answer by Stacey833 at 10:23 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Oh yeah, "Happy b-lated Birthday"!!!!!:o)
    Stacey833

Answer by Stacey833 at 10:24 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I know how you feel I turned 33 in Jan. and it was the first time noone said or did anything. they eventually did on the weekend, but still I was like wow, I guess im not here ? do i not deserve a great b-day?balloons, a big party? after all i am your queen! I rule this house! I demand something!! lol just kidding.
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Do you go all out for their birthdays?
    Maybe they dont think you want it to be a big deal.
    How bout telling them your birth story that day, or past birthday stories.
    Im just saying...for next time..

HAPPY late BIRTHDAY!!!!
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 10, 2009