I am going crazy! I want my son to have a name!

Hey everyone! I am sure you see this all the time, but I am going crazy over here I am due in two months and we have known we are have a little boy for about two months but we cant decide on the PERFECT name!

I would like the middle name to be either Eugene (Husband's Middle name) or Ryan (Husband's first name)

I would appreciate any suggestions! Thank you so much!

Krissi041208

Asked by Krissi041208 at 10:17 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I like Ryan a million times more. Eugene sounds like a target for kids jokes.

Just my opinion, you have to go with what YOU want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Why not "Ryan Eugene". :) Middle names are rarely used in school so it wouldn't be an issue with teasing (not that that's a reason to not name him Eugene).

I am 34 weeks and we don't have any names for a girl picked out, just a boy, but this baby is probably a girl lol. : /

You can always just wait until the baby is born, then you can name the baby. There is no rush at all. That's my plan. See what the baby is like, personality wise. I have a list of names I really like, but don't know what is perfect!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:21 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Ryan is nice. That's my husband's name and we're hoping for a boy next time so we can also name him Ryan.
    CaylaLU

Answer by CaylaLU at 10:23 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I like Ryan as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Seth Ryan?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Some boys names I like are:
    Blake
    Jett
    Xander
    Chet
    Bryce

Best of luck!
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 10:30 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I felt that way too. We narrowed it down to a couple of names the night before I was scheduled for a c-section, and we finally chose the day after he was born (we had his twin sister's name picked out several months in advance, but we had a really hard time choosing a boy's name). If you haven't already, have each of you make lists and then compare the lists to see if there are any names that you both like or at least a particular style that you both like. Either Ryan or Eugene would work well for a middle name with lots of names, so you are off to a good start.

I like Thomas Eugene, Caleb Ryan, Matthew Ryan, Shane Ryan...
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:31 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I couldn't decide on my son's name either till I was 7 mos pregnant and watching Highlander...you know? "There can be only one!" So my son's name is Connor (means wise aid) Morgan (my Dad's middle name means from the edge of the sea). I always tell him God sent him from a place far away to help me. He's my little problem solver.

Whatever you do you give your son a name that means something. Give him a name that you know he would be proud to have and one day when he asks why he has that name you can hug him and explain why.

Pick some of your favorite movies to watch and see what names strike you.
    I am in the same boat though. My husband and I aren't even pregnant yet and can't agree on names. Best of luck to you and your new lilman.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 10:38 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Both middle names are good. So it kinda just depends on what sounds good with a first name.

and here are some first names
    -Logan
    -Riker
    -Brylan
    -Riley
    -Colton
    -Braydon
    -Keygan
    -Trinton
    -Keyton
    -Carter
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 10:46 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Ryan Aleaxander
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 10, 2009