How do I get my 5 year old to eat?

I am a little worried because my little girl hasn't been eating much lately. She has lost 2-3 lbs and seems very pale. I feed her healthy food, in fact she loves fruits and veggies but lately she has been bringing back her school snacks. I think there is too much candy being offered by classmates and even teachers. How can I get her to make better food choices when I am not there? :(

papercutout

Asked by papercutout at 10:25 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You tell the teacher to stop offering her snacks until the food you send her is eaten.
    My son is very picky. I would hold his food if he wouldn't eat it until the next meal. Eventually your daughter will get the hint and eat. If she finishes her meal then offer a dessert she really loves as a goal for her to meet.

Might want to pick up kid's ensure as a supplement for her given she is pale.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 10:44 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Luckly my son is good. No snacks untill you eat your lunch. i would talk to the teacher also.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:28 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I would talk to your doctor. She's pale?! Kids will eat if they're hungry. It's sounds like your thinking it might be malnutrition? Because of bad calories? I 2nd the pedialite or ensure.
    Clarkebar2

Answer by Clarkebar2 at 12:50 AM on Apr. 11, 2009