Back to front rolling....front to back?

He's 5 and a half months...rolling to the right he can get back to front instantly. can't roll to the left yet, is this normal to favor one side for a while? how long did it take your kid to roll both ways? and when did they start rolling from belly to back? just curious. he's still new to it so I'm not at all worried. just wondering how is was with yours.

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 10:41 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter rolled belly to back first and yes its normal to favor one side more then the other...the more belly time a baby has the quicker the baby will roll from belly to back...its actually easier for a baby to get from their belly to their back...
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 10:44 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My dd rolled from side to side the dy she was born. Then rolled from belly to back at about 2 1/2 3 months...and she just turned 4 months and rolled from back to belly a couple times in the past few days.
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Don't worry too much about it....some babies have a really hard time rolling, especially if they tend to be chunky =)
    I have taken care of a LOT of babies, and some have NEVER rolled -- just went straight to crawling. Just try to give him some tummy time every day to help strengthen his muscles. he will be fine!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2009