Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i dont care i am moving!

i talked to child support and we are going to do paternity test on the 22nd to prove that its his son. he is in prison so i dont think that he has any rights anyways cause he has been there since a few days after we found out i was prego and he doesnt get out till 2014 he gets to see him like 2 times a month if that. and they have known for like 3 months i was planning on moving and they still dont take him to see his dad, thats not my fault i shouldnt let him go see him anyways. should i just move cause no one will tell me if i can or not. i asked if it was breaking the law and they said we cant tell you what to do have a good day and hung up on me. what should i do??????

Answer Question

Asked by krstqt123 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 2 (10 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • From a legal standpoint you can move if you want because really is this guy going to be able to pay for an attorney to stop you as you said he has no rights he dosent even know if he is the father legally. You can also check with an attorney alot will consult and answer questions the first time for free. If it were me I would go.

    Answer by okmommy08 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

  • You can move. The bio dad still has rights even though he is in prison and he can get legal help in prison. Not saying that he will but he can. Before you do anything, consult an attorney, child support cannot give you any legal advice.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

  • i dont think they can say anything until he is out of prison ,the only thing i can think of is to leave a forwarding adress to him so he can keep up the contact with what is going on and also call friend of the court and leave a forwarding adress as well you need to have your back covered just in case my sister was dealing with this but the dude wasnt in prison he was just a dead beat dad and wasnt paying for his child support ,she moved all the way to the south and we live in Michigan .You have full soul custody of your child so i really dont think there is anything they can do at all .good luck sweetie

    Answer by freckles9399 at 11:07 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

  • You dont have to wait around until 2014 for any man!

    Get outta there girl!

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.