why are boxes so fun for kids

my son has a whole toy box full of toys and what is he doing now playing with a box on the kitchen floor its the most content he has been all day long ?

aidensmom570

Asked by aidensmom570 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Entertainment

• lol isent that the darnedest thing... it could definetly save money u can get boxes for free. hahah
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• They are great because they can be anything! They can be a castle, a firehouse, a rocketship, a schoolbus, a doghouse... oh the list goes on with the creativity of a kid! Oh to just be able to have my own box to get away from it all!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 3:23 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• endless imagination! i used to love playing house or pretend I was in a cave. my dad even made me a drum set out of boxes. mom was pissed because I made so much noise, but hey i wanted to be part of the Monkees lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I couldve save big $$$$$$$$$$$$ if I had only known then that my son liked to play in the stove drawer..lol
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 11:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I was going to say the same thing...they are fun because the possibilities are endless. My computer came in a big box and I gave it to the kids and they had a blast. It was big enough that my 3yo could lay flat in it or 2 (actually I think they fit 3 kids in there) could sit in it. They took all their stuffed animals in there and colored it all up.

I still remember when my gramma got a new washing machine when I was a kid. Me and my brother had so much fun with that box. We played in it for days out in the yard until it rained and ruined it. We turned it into a fort/house, drew rooms and windows on it. Man, that was fun.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:02 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My son is 9 and still loves boxes. Now he's into cutting them up and making them into different things. We just recently got a new vacuum cleaner and he made that into a racecar.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 2:46 PM on Apr. 12, 2009