What is a good way to stop getting sick at 19 weeks?

Its very irritating, and I havent gained any weight. Ive only lost it.

newfoundspots

Asked by newfoundspots at 10:53 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If your puking, try eating applesauce and/or white rice..your body cant puke it back up..theres something in them that makes the body say "ooooo lets keep this inside!!" lol

Or you could try saltines and gingerale when you first wake up...have them next to you and dont get out of bed..sit there and eat a few and drink some gingerale..you should feel better soon
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:56 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i lost weight in the beginning too . try a peppermint or a jolly rancher the little bit of sugar will help . if it helps then try to eat a small snack . if it does get to bad you can talk to your dr they can give you something for the sick feeling .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• some people stay sick the whole time.others get lucky to not even get sick at all only only stay sick for a few weeks. with my daughter, i stayed sick til i was around 16 17 weeks. I am now pregnant with a boy, and i am 25 weeks now. & still get sick. Not as bad but i just have started gaining weight but still not as much as i should be. ginger helps. eat a few saltine crackers before you wake up to settle your stomach. that sometimes helps. take your prenatals at night before you go to bed if they add to the sickness. if you are at the point where you cant hardily keep anything down, ask your doc if they can put you on phenergan. it takes away the neausea that way you can eat and actually keep it down. phenergan can sometimes make you drowsy though.thats the only downside to it.best thing is to just talk to your doc if it continues.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I have zero advice...I was one of those "lucky" ones who puked daily all the way through my pregnancy. Every morning...didn't matter if I ate before getting out of bed, after, what the food was, etc. I just PUKED. After I had my son and when the nurse was putting us in the recovery room, I barfed all over the floor. At that point, I thought I was doomed to puke daily for the rest of my life. Not the case...except for when I got pregnant again. UGH...it was awful.
    liltymesmom

Answer by liltymesmom at 11:20 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Man haven't gained weight yet? Sounds nice. Plenty of moms-to-be probably wish for that as well. I know I would. Try emetrol. Anti-nausea syrup you can get at walgreens.

But I have to agree with liltymesmom. I was sick for the better part of my pregnancy. Ice water would make me throw up. I couldn't keep anything down. Then my throat would be burning because it hurt and I'd drink ice water again and back to aim at the toilet...never ending.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I always had a packet of crackers by my bedside and they helped me lol. also try ginger! ginger comes in candy form and is so yummy, healthy and safe
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:40 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I am on the generic for Phenergan (sp) and now Zofran (which works a lot better for me). I only puked twice while on Phenergan. I also sucked on peppermints to help calm the queasy feeling. I try not to take the Rx anymore, just because, but I do still "eat" peppermints. They help a lot. Plus, I always have a bottle of water around, that seems to help some too

(I'm a little over 20 weeks and still get the queasy feeling)
    Cookie1124

Answer by Cookie1124 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• my doctor prescribed me some medicine for morning sickness worked like a charm except i would fall asleep for an 1 or 2 ask ur DR
    dianna1121

Answer by dianna1121 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2009