Is there something wrong now? 38wks 4 days

I tried castor oil YESTERDAY..and now today still no poop...i dont feel like i have to poop at all..In fact...my tonsils hurt really badly...i have a TON of pressure on my vagina and ive been having contractions since 4am

Baby is moving just fine too. Acting healthy and is as active as normal.

But, With the tonsils and pressure and contractions...what could be going on?
I was JUST at the doctors yesterday and said i was still only 2cm dilated.
So anyone know what could be going on and if i should be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didnt have anything happen when I took it, and I took 2 oz's.

The presure is going to come with the contractions though, it just means your baby is decending further into your pelivs, good sign that something may happen soon. The tonsils thing, doesnt sound related to me, maybe allergies? Or you are starting to get sick? Sorry, but thats all I can think of on that. GL, and hope you keep cantracting and have that baby soon!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:57 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• im not sure i would call your dr . i never have taken castor oil and i honestly wouldnt lol . i hope you feel better .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:57 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• yeah i JUST had another contraction.
    i dont think my baby can get any lower in my pelvis lol..shes deep in there!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• well hopefully soon . good luck honey !
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Not eveybody gets diarrhea when they take castor oil. I took two ounces the first time i took it and it sent me into false labor, a couple days later I drank half a bottle and I had her the next day. take your time you lo will be here soon
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:01 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• She/He will just keep on dropping until she comes out! Good luck, maybe the castor oil did the trick without all the yucky side effects!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:02 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I don't know what to tell you about the other things, but seriously, try whole grain pop tarts. I used to only "go" once every few days (average of 2-3 times a week) and now I eat a Whole Grain Pop Tart every morning and I "go" every day. (sorry, tmi)

I tried laxatives, activia, and everything else they tell you to try and nothing worked for me except those.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i know you said that youare still 2 cm but did your dr say if you were effaced any more?
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:05 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• last week i was 60% effaced and this week im 80% effaced so... xD i dunno if anything has changed...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• when i took castrol oil with my daughter i didnt poop either... i guess it effects diff people diff ways. and yeah all the pressure is from your baby going futhur down into your pelvis which is a very good thing. wont be much longer. try walking... it can help bring on the contractions better if it is labor. but sometimes walking can cause them to stop. as for the tonsils i would call the doc. you may be getting sick or it could be allergies. but if you are getting sick they need to handle that before you have your baby. good luck with everything
    Anonymous