HELP! My 17 1/2 month old still wakes up 2 - 3 times a night for a milk bottle!

HELP! My 17 1/2 month old still wakes up 2 - 3 times a night for a milk bottle. Plus he's drinking 7 ounces every bottle (+ 1 ounce water). It's soy milk - not cows milk. His appetite is fine during the day and he receives 1 bottle right before bed (not in bed).

I weaned my oldest off his nightly milk bottle at around 18 months by slowly and steadily watering the milk down every night until he didn't want it any more but he was only drinking ONE a night!

How can I quickly get my baby to sleep! I would let him cry it out but he and my older son (3 yrs) share a bedroom and I don't want to risk waking him up with all the crying. We have no room to rearrange the sleeping arrangements. Please help!

kmingledorff

Asked by kmingledorff at 10:55 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What you did with your other child must have worked, could you not try it with this one? Ours just recently stopped waking in the night. He just turned 2. I learned sometimes I could get him back to sleep by holding him a few minutes, then lay him back down. Don't know if he had any nightmares, or what woke him up. Ours also wakes slightly if he wets his diaper, But I know what you mean about not letting him CIO, I never was that way (tried it a couple of times to verify that, NO, I'm not one to let him CIO---LOL! Kills DH & I to hear him fuss) so if the weaning doesn't work, take comfort in that it won't last forever! I believe that everything is a "phase" and "this too shall pass!" Good luck to you!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:03 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• MY DD DID THE SAME THING GIVE HIM JUST WATER NO MATTER WHAT DONT GIVE IN AND EVENTUALLY IT WILL STOP! IF YOU GIVE IN JUST ONCE ITS OVER WITH HE'S GONNA YELL BECAUSE HE KNOWS YOUR GONNA LET HIM GET IT!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 10, 2009