When is the best time to use the ovualtion test kit?

I order some ovulation test kits to find out when the surge happens that I'm ovulating. So when in your cycle do you begin to use these test to check if your ovulating? Has anyone use these test ? Did they work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I just got mine. It's Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor. Read your instructions. It seems overwhelming when you first get it. So I am on day 5 now. I start doing the pee sticks starting tomorrow morning I believe. The screen will let you know what is needed for what day and when to test.

I get up at 5am every morning so that is my time to turn my monitor on and wait. It will show me what day it is and that it has already expected low ovulation rate since its the beginning of my cycle. Tomorrow, I believe, it will show a stick symbol so I will do the urine test, slide the stick in the machine, wait 5 minutes and see what it registers. You will need 10 sticks per cycle. So form day 6 to day 16 you test the same time every morning and it will let you know when your Lh surge is. Once it's detected...go have sex woman! Then we wait and see if it's worked. If not, try again next month. Good Luck.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I used the CBFM and it didn't work for me. Plus I hated the fact that I had to pee on something every morning. I used the OV-Watch and got pregnant and am now trying again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• ive been told and found quite a bit of info saying not to use your first morning pee. thats good for poas 4 hpt's, but 4 opk's it says the mid afternoon pee is better. at that time the Lh surge is more easily detected because it is created in the last few hours of sleep.

good luck...baby dust!
    Anonymous

• if you have a regular cycle(28 days) count like 10 days from the first day of your last period then start testing!!!!! yes ma'm they do work!
    destiny00843

Answer by destiny00843 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 10, 2009