Is it a terrible fashion no no, to let your dd wear sock with crocks. The kind with straps?

She is 3.

When she wears just sandles or just crocks with no socks. The dirt and rocks get on her feet and she cant stand it. then she takes off her shoes and wont cant get them back on right. She does this at school so her teacher gets frustrated.

I bought some "no show" socks for her to wear to stop this problem.

Is this a fashion no no? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I think it is fine.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Yes but who cares.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My daughter wears socks with them, and sometimes she doesn't. I never even thought about it.
    Sitar21

Answer by Sitar21 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i guess I am kind of fashion stupid and dont want my dd to pay for my ignorance. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• exactly, who cares, she's 3. My daughter was a walking fashion disaster lol, but she was stubborn about dressing herself.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:24 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Hahaha it is so funny that you say this because my 49 year old mother has these kind of crocs and wears socks with them all the time and we make fun of her. Haha so for an adult yes PLEASE DONT WEAR SOCKS WITH SANDALS! But for a child...who cares.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• If my boys are wearing pants then I let them wear socks with their Crocs, other wise no. They don't really care either way. If your DD wearing socks remedy the problem, then go for it. Or just put her in regular shoes and not sandals or Crocs...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• LMAO...I don't think it's any big deal...my kids dress themselves and usually I let them wear whatever they get on. The only time I disagree is if I feel it's too revealing or not appropriate to go out in public. We do have clothes they are only allowed to wear here (skirts that are almost too small...shirts that are just about too tight...most of their favs that they are outgrowing :(...) If she wants to, let her. It gives her a feeling of power and accomplishment to be able to choose what she wants and if she can dress herself that doubles the feeling! Go with it! Teach her that she can wear what she chooses and not worry what anyone else thinks about it!
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 11:31 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My daughter is 11 and still wears socks with hers because if she doesn't , her feet get really sweaty! She is usually wearing pants with them though so you don't really see her socks. They're shoes just like any other so I don't see the big deal.
    madsmom11597

Answer by madsmom11597 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My 7 year old wears socks with hers. Otherwise the little button thingy on the side bothers her feet. None of the kids at school have made fun of her yet so I guess they really don't care.
    southenrmunchkn

Answer by southenrmunchkn at 11:57 AM on Apr. 10, 2009