question about placenta abruption?

Can you have placenta abruption and not bleed right away or at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The main sign of placental abruption is dark red vaginal bleeding. This bleeding may be slight or it may be quite profuse. However, some women with placental abruption do not have any visible bleeding. Instead, blood clots hide behind their placenta, making it difficult to see. Other symptoms include:

* abdominal pain or tenderness
    * nausea
    * excessive thirst
    * fainting
    * decrease in baby’s movements
    * cramping
    * severe contractions that don’t go away
    * blood in amniotic fluid
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:29 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I only ask because my daughter is 40lbs and i was lifting her last night and at 2 in the morning i had really bad cramping for a few hours on just my right side. My baby is moving i was just worried.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Did they tell you that you had a low lying placenta?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:39 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Usually they are from having a low lying placenta or if you go WAYYYY over your due date.
    mom2twobabes

• No i don't but neither did my sister and all she did was carry some bags up a flight of stairs and that night she started cramping and bleeding really bad. Im 35weeks but im not bleeding
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Have you mentioned that to your Dr.? Sometimes they will do an extra ultrasound if you have had a family history. Depends.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:43 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I didn't know there could be a family history on it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• As far as I know, there is not a big family history risk.

But Dr's just do that sometimes to be on the safe side and to reassure the mother.

They did it for me when I had a blood disorder. And their was no issue with it being passed down. just to reassure me.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:48 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• At 35 weeks, hormones are causing more ligaments to stretch. It sounds like you might have just overdone it a little yesterday. I went through that a lot around 33-36 weeks.
    Anonymous

• I had one and I don't know when or how it happend. I woke up in the middle of the night with a really sharp pain down there and then I was throwing up from 3 am to 9 am so my doc sent me to the er and sure enough that was the problem. You can message me with any questions and I'll be happy to answer them
    yaffamommy

Answer by yaffamommy at 1:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2009