Do you think there is special significance in the fact that it was women who found the tomb empty on Easter morning?

It could have been anyone. Yet,it was Jesus' mother,and Mary Magdalene,one of His most faithful followers. They were the ones who discovered the tomb empty, who were able to go and tell the others the good news. I think it speaks volumes to the value God places on women.

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I AGREE! Completely, but the bible will never reflect that to the extent that it should be. Just like Mary Magdalen was a whore for so many decades and then it was renounced.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I have heard of sermon about why those were the women who found the tomb empty.

And he spoke a lot about the importance of women being used. I wish I could remember it more.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:33 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Exactly. And, what about the fact that God chose to put the story in the Bible of the woman who had the bleeding disorder for so many years. Yet, she was faithful enough to know that just touching the hem of Jesus' garmet would cure her,and of course, it did. Of all the stories of Jesus' miraculous healings, and all the miracles He worked, that one is so special, I guess because there again, it just speaks volumes about the women of the Bible. Not to mention,that Jesus was very good friends with Mary and Martha, and their brother Lazarus. And, it was Mary who sat at Jesus' feet,with the men listening to Him teach. And, Jesus,true to His nature,loved her for it,and didn't make her feel bad,as most anyone else would have. We truly do worship an awesome,amazing,loving God,don't we?
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Like I once told my friends... "Some people have to fall really hard in order to appreciate the sacrifice Jesus had made for us.So that one day they may rise into their full God loving potential." Which means once they've seen the horror of life without God. It is proof enough that he exists and they can recognize the magnitude of his glorious love.When they return to him.

Women are loved just as much if not more by the Lord. I believe that with all my heart. Praise our Lord and his wonderful son!

mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i believe it has definite significance as to the roll of women in the church and in Jesus ministry.

BTW - small correction from a pp - Mary Magdalene was not the whore - she was the one who had the demon's cast out.
    Anonymous

• I agree anon 12:13.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 12:25 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I think Jesus was showing that women were to be treated in a more respectful way then they were in most cultures of that time, we are shown this by who Jesus revealed his identity to, a Samaritan woman at the well.... See, it was not just men who were to be part of the 144,000 who rule with Christ in heaven.

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 12:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I agree. You guys are saying some really beautiful things. I love the story of the Samaritan woman too. I can relate to her so much, and yet the Lord Jesus can see past all our sins and get to the heart of the matter--we thirst for HIM.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:52 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• IMO god/the creator/whoever does have special reverence for women. Which is why we are the givers of life and the holders of stories/religous teachings etc. I think that while men tried to distort the teachings of Christianity in order to subjegate women, the truth behind our grace is reveled in subtle ways such as those.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I love the fact that it was women. I also love the fact that a woman (Mary Magdelene) was the first witness!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2009