Did your older children ever get jealous when you told them you were pregnant again?

KorizKidz

Asked by KorizKidz at 11:36 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I have "2" sets of kids my older four which are 17-15 and the younger ones which are 7-2 I didn't have any jelousy issues, they did and do pretty good with them, lets face it though there are times were the little ones love to push the buttons of the older ones. But thats it.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• omg if i found out my mother was pregnant again while i was a teenager i think i would have thrown a fit, but i was an only child lol.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:14 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• nah my oldest was still a baby when I was pregnant again..lol For my 3rd pregnancy, my oldest was 2, and my youngest was 1. My oldest did seem to be a tad bit jealous, but then they both just wanted to help with him after he was born. Give him kisses, and his pacifer when he cried, make him laugh.
    MSully3

Answer by MSully3 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• yes my did my son was 9 when i had my second and 10 when i had my third. we were getting to the point when we were doing bigger kids stuff then when i had the other 2 when had to slow down and change things up a bit. he said that it was my fault that he was that way cause it was my choice that i had 2 more kids. now he likes to aggravate them (LIKE HE IS DOING IT RIGHT NOW.)
    BUBKAYDAV

Answer by BUBKAYDAV at 6:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I have an only who is 16 and he would be with aliciatron on this one, he has friends who have young siblings and I have jokingly said "what if I got pregnant" and he admits he would have a fit! BUT he is an only who is (admittedly) spoiled and we have told him many times if he had siblings there is no way he would be able to do most of the stuff he does! When I 18 my mother and stepfather considered having a "theirs" child- they had 4 of his, and 4 grandchildren, 3 of hers and wanted a "theirs" then 3 of us - me, step-brothers wife, and brothers GF - all got pregnant at about the same time and they changed their mind. I admit I probably would have been a bit jealous for my son if my mother had her own baby to oooo and aaaa over instead of her first grandbaby!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Yes, a couple of them did. I have a his and mine. And when a ours came along boy was there heck to pay, on both sides. But since they have gotten older it's not so much an issue.
    foxzplf

Answer by foxzplf at 5:05 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• When my oldest and only son was 13 1/2 i had my second son. when he found out i was pregnant he was kinda irrate he said he was happy the way things were but the day Nicholas was born my oldest fell in love with him and has adored him ever since. But i also make it a point to have time alone with my oldest he will always be my baby but so will my 2 yo. hope that helps.
    jussomeonesmom

Answer by jussomeonesmom at 11:59 AM on Apr. 28, 2009