Is it cheaper to get braces only on the top set of your teeth?

I've heard the average cost is 5,000, but would it be cheaper if I got them on the top only? I don't need them on the bottom, and I've seen people who have only had them on the top.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would think it is. My son has braces and they cost me around $6,000. The cost has to do with how long they have to wear them. But that does not account for any dental work that you may need to have done with the braces. I have around $10,000 in my kids mouth up to this point. But his teeth looks great!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:44 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I really don't know, you should be talking to your ortho. Everyones treatment is different. I started out with braces on my top teeth and then the bottoms were added after a few months. No one on CM, unless they are ortho or dentists can tell you for certain. All I know is that my sons treatment will cost between $3000-5000 for braces. Mine was about 1/2 that when I was in junior high (I am 37 now).

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i hate braces for 6 years...totally worth it! i couldnt even shut my mouth because my teeth were sooo bad...but the braces really helped...they didnt help my bottom row...i dont think...
    but i have MassHealth so they covered the cost of my braces...

Get Clear Braces... i heard those are wayyyy better than having metal mouth
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2009