What do you do with your old linens?

I have some old sheets and stuff, what do I do with them?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 11:42 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I donate those I dont think I will continue to use to the animal shelter to be used for bedding for the animals. You can also donate them by putting them in the yellow bins at Walmart (if they still have them?) and they will be cleaned and donated to someone needy.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:53 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I usually keep them for times like last week when my kids were throwing up on EVERYTHING!

I put them on the couch to protect it from the throw up. They came in handy.

Put them up high in your closet for emergencies, or work around the house like painting and stuff.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:45 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I keep all my old linens in a certain place separate from my good ones. They always come in handy when you need something to spread out on the floor so kids can play with something messy, put in the trunk of your car or bed of truck when you just need to put something down so whatever you're putting in there will not get dirty, put under a blanket in the grass if you don't want your blanket to get dirty when you are just relaxing in the sun with your kids, put under your pet carrier so it doesn't scratch your car, etc. etc. Lots of uses!!
    madsmom11597

Answer by madsmom11597 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• depends on the condition of them. picnics, dress up clothes for the girls, rags, trunk liners when I buy something that might leave dirt like a plant or potting soil. I've turned a few into valances for the kids room.
    southenrmunchkn

Answer by southenrmunchkn at 11:54 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Great suggestions, thank you!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2009