What does it mean to "disengage"?

And specifically how do you do it? I have a lot of problems dealing with my DH's adult children & it has made me have a lot of health problems because of the stress from it all. I have become indifferent with my husband and our marriage because he always defends them no matter what and always puts them first. I am sick of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• it means STOP.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:48 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• It means cease and desist! o to separate corners until you can behave more civilly to one another. I have "disengaged" from many family members and friends over the years--some of whom I never "re-engaged" with! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:53 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Well, I guess I have done this then. But I look like the bad guy to my DH's family ... poor SK's ... Dad's wife doesn't have anything to do with them ... but they also know how those SK's have treated me and for no reason other than jealousy!
    Anonymous