Do boys really learn at a slower pace?

Or is there a way they pick up things by like how you appraise them with your tone of voice or maybe a reward?
Have you noticed any cute things you can teach a boy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Apr. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• NO! Mature at a slower pace, I think yes. My son is above the intelligence level of his entire class, and some of the kindergarteners - boys and girls. Not tooting a horn, it's just the truth. He is exceptionally smart. I'm very proud of him.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I think it depends on the individual child and maybe even some genetics. My son is a genius (no i'm not tooting my own horn either, he's really a proven genius thru testing). He may be an exception when it comes to smarts, but he still acts like every other 2nd grader that I know (he's just smarter). My daughter is also showing signs of giftedness, but i can honestly say, she is not as advanced as my son was when he was her age. I also think for some kids, genetics plays a role. but more than anything, I think it's a myth that boys aren't as smart as girls. Sometimes I think it's used as an excuse as well.
    Anonymous

• they grow slower and mature slower but i dont believe they are any smarter or less smart
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:13 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Babies are Babies...Boy or Girl
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 12:31 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I don't think it's a boy/girl thing when it comes to learning. Maturity on the other hand is a different story. My 12 year old is in all gifted classes (has been since he started school) but his maturity level is just like any other 12 year old boy.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Not my boys. My girls are both slower to mature and pick up things. Depends on the child.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2009