Severe, persistent, gallbladder pain... won't go away!?

I am 20wks pregnant... The pain slowly started 2 weeks ago... I thought the pain in my right rib was maybe from my belly stretching. Then about 4-5 days ago, the pain started to radiate around my side to my back, up to under my shoulder blade.
I went to the doc, she said it sounds like my gallbladder and ordered a gallbladder ultrasound.
Before even getting the results back, less than 24 hours, I went to the ER. They performed an ultrasound there and it didn't show any signs of stones and all blood tests came back fine.

For the last 3 days, the pain has been constant. I am in severe pain after EVERYTHING I eat... cereal, waffles (no butter), fruit, and I made a smoothie earlier (strawberry, ban, black berry, OJ) and I have been in a LOT of pain for the last 6-7 hours since then.

Is there any explanation to why my pain is constant and not just after eating greasy/fatty meal?? Tylenol doesn't help... the pain won't go away!

shannonwooten

Asked by shannonwooten at 12:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Btw, I woke up in a lot of pain before even eating anything!!
    shannonwooten

Answer by shannonwooten at 12:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• have you tried a warm shower or heating pad? i would tell your dr about the er visit and have them look in to other possiblities
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Go back to the dr and make them figure it out. I feel so bad for you. I'm sorry you're feeling this way. {{HUGS}}
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i'm so sorry mama! I felt that terrible pain as well. unbearable! unfortunately the dr. told me there was nothing he could really do since I was so far in the pregnancy, but thankfully it went away on its own and hasnt come back. due to shoulder pain (which was a simple result of needing a new bra and better shoes) the dr. prescribed me tylenol 3 and that helped with the gallbladder pain somewhat. try a nice hot shower/bath, try a heating pad!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:52 PM on Apr. 10, 2009