air- travaling with a 7 mth old

me and my family are taking a small vacaition. this will be the first time i go anywere with my 7mth old and well she is my first so does any one have any tips on air travaling with a infant ????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• snacks, drinks, and her favorite toys :)
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 12:13 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Definitely have lots of snacks and drinks. A pacifier or bottle at takeoff and landing to help her ears. I always give my boys tylenol about 20 minutes before takeoff that way if their ears do start to hurt a little the tylenol should help with that. Lots of toys. Maybe get a few new toys that she has not played with before so she has something new and exciting. Try not to get loud toys so others don't get annoyed. Stay calm even if she cries. Have a safe and fun trip!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 12:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I traveled last month when my dd was 3 months. I suggest getting to the airport early to make sure you have enough time to make it through security, check in, etc. You are allowed to bring your stroller with you to the plane. The flight attendant will check it before you take your seats.If decide that you want check your car seat you can do so at no extra charge. I'm not exactly sure if you planning on buying a ticket for your child or not. When we went on vacation I didn't buy a ticket for my dd. I just held her in lap. I had read about that a lot of people said they would use the car seat. However, that's completely up to you. My dd did fine in my lap and the plane encountered very little turbulence. Also, I would get the little plastic bags for dirty diapers and the disposable changing mats to place under you pad. Bring Lysol wipes to wipe down everything. planes are dirty. have your child suck on something during take off.
    KristiNicole09

Answer by KristiNicole09 at 12:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Try giving tylenol ahead of time and have either a bottle or pacifier for them to use while taking off and landing so you don't have pressure in the ears. Pack lightly for your carry on and remember you can use a stroller up until you get on the plane and they will store it for you for free. Enjoy your trip. My daughter fell asleep before taking off and landing on all 4 of our flights.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• When my DD was 6 months I flew with her to visit family in Arizona, we live in Hawaii. The flight was 6 1/2 hours long. Just give a pacifier or bottle during take off and landing. I brought a lot of little toys that she hadnt ever played with. My DD slept most of the flight both ways.
    Williamswifey

Answer by Williamswifey at 7:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2009