I get aggrevated so easy.

I am about 5 months pregnant, and i have a 9 month old. And my fuse is very short with some people especially when it comes to my child. My mother never keeps my child except for a couple of hours on the weekend. My mother in law keeps her during the day while i work. Anyways my mom was off today and wanted to keep her. I said okay. I had her dressed, and a couple of extra sets of clothes in her bag because she told me to send a couple of sets. It is kind of cool here today so i had her in pants and a short sleve shirt and socks. Anyways i ran into them at the bank while doing errands and she had already changes her into a short set and shirt, (that i did not send) and had no socks on her. And she never gives her what i say to eat. I sent her oatmeal for breakfast because she likes it . And she said she didn't give it to her because SHE thought she only needed baby food. My child is well on table food as well as baby food cont

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Anyways it just irritates me that she doesn't listen to me because she thinks the knows better. And just so you know she did not raise me i lived with my grandparents.
    Anonymous

• I'd tell her that I'm the parent, and if she does not respect my wishes/follow my instructions regarding my child, then she can NOT see her.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:14 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I would tell her that if she wants to watch her granddaughter then she needs to stick with the rules you set. It is that simple.

I hated having to put my foot down with my mom. Had to do it a few times. When the rules change from house to house it confuses the child and they don't know who to believe. Stick to your guns.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Honestly, everything you said isn't that big of a deal. I think the big deal is in the fact that she didn't raise you so thier is some resentment when she doesn't do it your way.
    So she wasn't in an outfit you sent, did she buy this outfit? She was probably excited to see her in it, she fed her something other then oatmeal, but is what she fed her ok for you DD to have. I understand that you are frustrated, but had it been someone else, would it have mattered as much?

I am not saying you are wrong, but I am saying what I say to myself when something irks me, just so I make sure it really is an issue before I say somehting to them.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:23 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I went through the same BS with my MIL. Anything I told her to do, she had a better way. I finally had to blow up on her after I couldn't take it anymore, and ever since then she has done things "my way." I told her that she had her chance to raise her kids, and she may not agree with what I am doing or how, but it was my turn.
    Sitar21

Answer by Sitar21 at 12:27 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• The big freakin deal is like i said it is cool outside and i personally like to try and avoid my child getting sick. Hence coolness can do so when in shorts and no socks. And as for the breakfast, she had bananas. Why not give her a warm breakfast like i sent instead of something cold? And trust me my inlaws who keep the baby , follow what i say for my daughter. So i am sorry if you dont'think these things are important. But I know what is best for MY child. And keeping her healthy and avoiding sickness is a "big deal" to me.
    Anonymous

• Well, I must say I have a problem with my mother in law in some of the same aspects. I don't let her have my dd unless she proves to us that she can follow simple rules. If she can't don't let her have her for a while she'll learn. But if she carries on like this and you don't do anything about it them she won't follow yours. Your her mother I wouldn't say you're on a short fuse at all, it's just your turn to mother the child NOT her, she's already done her job.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 12:33 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• WOW, I wasn't saying it didn't matter, only that sometimes other issues can cause us to react a certian way, otherwise why throw out there that she didn't raise you as your closing line? It was only a diiferent prespective, instead of just out right agreeing with you, I kinda thought the point of the forums is to help, and help doesn't always come with agreeing. I said that I wasn't saying that you were wrong, but asking you the same questions I ask myself before I get confrontational with someone, cause for me, depending on which family member it is that has my child will cause a different reaction. That's all, sorry that you didn't like a different perspective.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• "The big freakin deal is like i said it is cool outside and i personally like to try and avoid my child getting sick"

You don't get sick from being cool. You ONLY get sick from being exposed to germs. Gran may've crossed the line but it wasn't that serious.

"And as for the breakfast, she had bananas. Why not give her a warm breakfast like i sent instead of something cold?"

Bananas are actually a better food than oatmeal for an infant. Baby cereal is garbage...use it fto stick up wallpaper. **smile**

Calm down. She *wasn't* right to go against your wishes, but neither are you right for making a federal case out of it. BOTH of you are in the wrong. Be the bigger person. Tell her you're sorry for getting mad, but that you need her to do what YOU say even if she thinks you're wrong.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• all i have to say is be lucky you have someone to help you! I have a 9 month old dd as well and am 5 months preggers too! I am with my dd chasing after her all day so by the time its 6 I'm exhausted. as long as your dd isnt getting hurt i wouldnt be worried but try and stand up to her about how you want your child raised
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 1:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2009