Spotting Question

I always have brownish/red spotting a week before my cycle actually begins. Would this spotting be considered menstrual spotting or non-menstrual spotting. Ultimately this question is important on determining what cycle day I'm actually on to determine ovulation. I know that the spotting before cycle means I am not pregnant so what would you call it because you are not suppose to count it as your actual flow. Help someone give me good advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I dont know what its considered but I always spot right befor my period and doc. told me that its not considered a period untill you see a steady flow. To be honest I would just count it as every other day of my cycle. Its not a period so just add it to your cycle like you would ever other day. Gl
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Disregard the spotting since that is not your cycle. It's just spotting.
    Do you have an ovulation monitor and the pee sticks? If not, go get some. You can buy them online or at CVS pharmacy. Count your cycle from the day your red flow starts. Use the ovulation pee sticks around day 6 and for 10 days after. A good website is www.youdays.com this will help you chart out when you ovulate and when it's best to try and get pregnant.

Hope this helps. Keep us informed. Good luck
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't count the spoting if you have a heavy flow a week later. But keep in mind you may spot like that if your pregnant too. It doesn't mean anything is wrong, I spotted in both of my pregnacys and have two healthy boys! Good luck.
    TRmama

Answer by TRmama at 12:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2009