If you was making some food and your child tell you they do not want no food do you still make them sit down???

Mz.PhatPhat

Asked by Mz.PhatPhat at 12:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Kids' Health

• if i was making food and my child TOLD me they didnt want ANY food i would still make them sit with us! they need to get used to sitting as a family and eating with the family not when they are hungry i would also give them food even if they told me they didnt want to eat or whatever! its time to eat and this is what were having DO NOT MAKE SOMETHING ELSE FOR THEM!!!!
    Anonymous

• I never forced my kids to eat anything. But sitting together at the table, is sometimes (especially as they hit high school years) the only "family" time to converse. There's much more going on at the table than eating. But I also wasn't a short order cook, so if they didn't eat what was prepared for the meal, I wasn't cooking something else.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My kids know that when I fix breakfast, lunch or dinner they sit down and eat. If they don't want to eat then they don't have to but they do have to sit there while the rest of the family eats. They don't get anything else...and I don't take special orders...I am not a short order cook.
    Anonymous

• They would have to sit at the table. I would offer a glass of milk anyway. And I also put small portions of what I had fixed on his plate, with the comment that he didn't have to eat, but if he decided he was hungry after all, the food was there. If he didn't eat or at least drink some milk during the time he was sitting there, I'd check his temperature (I always kissed their forehead) just to rule out his being sick

Answer by Bmat at 1:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My kids get a plate they will sit there. They are told no snacks or milk later. Only water! This does not happen very often!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 5:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I do NOT force anyone, including my child to eat if they are not hungry. I don't eat when I am hungry and I don't expect my son to be forced to eat. I don't make my child eat foods he doesn't like either. Think about how YOU would like it if you were forced to eat when you weren't hungry. Do you like it? Forcing a child to eat has been proven to lead to eating disorders later. Food or meals should NEVER be used as punishment or reward. That is my opinion.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My stepdad made me eat things i didn't like when i was growing up, so i don't make my son eat anything he doesn't like.
    dyches02

Answer by dyches02 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• No - if my son isn't hungry then I dont force him. If he wants to eat he will let me know. I would like my son to stay in tune with his body and know when he is hungry and thus eat..not go against his body's wishes.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:09 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• That what I try to do with my 7 yr old Keyaziz. Yes 7 so how is your son? But if Iet her do that she will never eat. mt 4 yr old and my 16 month old tell e all the time even if I'm cooking but my 7 yr old is the baby of the family I guess.
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 10:18 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I try not to make my kids eat there food but when my 7 yr old tell me she do not want no food or drink I know something is wrong. So YES I make my 7 yr old eat food but eveyone else love to eat all the time.
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 10:20 AM on Apr. 15, 2009