Graduating to 'big girl' bathroom stuff...?

My girlie is 2 1/2. She has healthy teeth (brushes very well and often), long hair, and semi-sensitive skin. I am wondering when other mothers decided that it's time to use regular shampoo and conditioner and body wash, and "big girl" toothpaste. (not the 'swallow safe' kind) She has used my hair stuff a couple times, in the shower with me, but other than that, we're still using Huggies Hair and Body Wash. She's so advanced for her age in many things, sometimes i think i forget how little she still is. I don't want to move her up to all the big girl too early...

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 12:37 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• with the semi sensitive skin i would wait a little longer, my daughter is almost 3 1/2 she is still using huggies and aveeno baby b/c she has sensitive skin. that and these are still tear free so if shes arguing about washing hair or face and gets soap in her eyes it wont sting. mine will also use my stuff on occasion if she is in the shower with me but not on a reg basis. as for the big girl toothpaste, i would continue to use that until she doesn't swallow the toothpaste, if she is swallowing it then i would still use the toddler kind.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i was using the baby shampoo and body wash until i was like 6 my daughter is 4 and we use suave kids shampoo and baby body wash its not going to hurt her to use the little kid stuff for a long time! my daughters hair is past her waist...if your daughters hair gets tangles try the suave stuff it is 2-n-1 and still has the no tears stuff so it wont hurt her eyes! about the toothpaste we just get the kid stuff its princess pink since she your daughter is 2 i would still use the kid toothpaste my daughter is 4 and that's what we use and she loves it

woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 12:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My girls are 5 and 4 , and my son is 2 1/2. we use Suave kids 2 in 1 shampoo. For body wash we are using johnsons baby soft. all my kids have a slight ecxema problem. But we used to use a certain kid bodywash that we cant find anywhere anymore it was an oatmeal mix..huggies or playtex..something..IDK but it worked great for their skin. We still use Aveeno Baby Soothing relief cream, and probably will forever..lol. They all use regular kids colgate. They seem to be pretty ok with all of it, and so are we.
    MSully3

Answer by MSully3 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• thanks ladies! i didn't want to be holding her back or moving her ahead too quickly! sometimes they acr like such little grown ups, you know? lol. im glad everyone has stuck with the baby soap! the smell is so soothing. :) its just one way i can keep her little for longer!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 3:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2009