Are having ovarian cysts enough to get Clomid?

I know I have cysts again. I have had some ladies ask me if I am on Clomid. What are the requirements to be on Clomid? Does that help you get twins?

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Im the one who posted 2nd anon and I can give you some really good advice but you cant sit on it and expectially since your about to hit menopause. YOU NEED TO CHANGE DOCTORS ASAP. Never go to a doctor that you feel like they are rushing you or when your concerned they ALWAYS blow it off like its nothing. My obgyn talks to me untill Im done asking ?s and she has sat down with me for about 45 min. the day that she put me on Clomid explaining everything in detail to me. Not to mention shes better safe then sorry with everything she does. She is the same lady who delivered my son and as soon as I called her and told her we were having trouble with baby #2 she did not hesitate to run some test to see whats keeping me from it. As soon as we found out it was PCOS she put me on Provera and then Clomid. She also was not the doctor on call when I went into labor but stayed till 1am to make sure she would be there for me. Thats the kind
    Anonymous

• Clomid is a fertility drug that many women use to help ovulate. Sometimes it produces more than one egg and results in multiples. Twins most commonly. I don't know if having cysts would make you ineligible to take it, though.
    Anonymous

• Any time your infertile or not ovulating normally then you would be eligible. Have you asked your doctor?
    Anonymous

• (To 2nd Anon answer) I didn't ask the doctor about it. My appointments feel rushed like they wanna see you and then send you home so they can move the next co-pay, I mean patient in. They didn't seem worried about the cysts but then again they never seem worrie about situations like this when I am worried. If something if bothering me they always tell me it's no big deal. Very frustrating.

If I ask I figure they may tell me to wait. I have about a year window left for having babies before menopause sets in for me. Menopause hits females in my family at about 35. I would prefer to have my baby now and not risk the extra complications that would arise if I were to wait after 35.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• continued... of doctor you want. Somone that goes out of their way to see what the problem is and doesnt rush you along. Doctors have bad days just like we do but they should never ignore a problem but instead figure out how to fix it. Start looking for another doctor and tell them your concern and ask them about Clomid or they might even bring it up to you first like my OBGYN did. Good luck to you and theres good doctors everywere so you wont have a problem finding one.
    Anonymous

• Oh and you have a 10% chance of mulitiples when on Clomid. And yes most of them are twins
    Anonymous