EBay Help!

I need to find a way to get more views of my items. I'm really not any good at the ad writing thing! So I make sure there are pictures and complete discriptions but what else can I do?

I have a TON of high end vintage clothing, some even has the tags yet. But don't know what to do with it. I see how pricey the vintage stuff in is stores but can't seem to get my stuff to sell at all...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:52 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• I know that if you offer free shipping your auctions will get more views-or so they say.

Do you research each piece and list the specifics-measurements and stuff? Also, You can open an ecrater store. Its free. I have sold some stuff on there. And what doesn't sell I put up on my ebay listings.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Do you have anything listed right now that I can look at? Are there other auctions that have stuff like yours that you can compare to? Hows your feedback?
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I got a message from a seller oncer that says the more good reviews you have the higher your items will show up in searches. Maybe add more searchoptions, not sure how, but it cant hurt.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Also-your title is you search terms. So I would definitely include words like

"vintage"
    New with tags NWT
    and the brand maker's name and/or year of making-maybe a theme-like "hippie"
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 12:58 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• As an ebay pro, I can tell you that things aren't selling on ebay right now. It probably has little to do with your auctions and more to do with the economy. But if you like I can take a look at your auctions and give you some helpful hints.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Keywords! Research other auctions with similar items (use the completed listings option to see what sold and what didn't). See what keywords are getting the most attention and then put those in your title. Your title doesn't necessarily have to make sense - for a vintage dress you might put vintage dress NWT sz 8 BRAND NAME - never put "vintage clothing" as that is too broad. It's just like SEO - you may get fewer hits with 'dress' as opposed to 'clothing', but you're targeting people who are specifically looking for a vintage dress. Also, check the category that the completed listings that actually sold are in and use that one.
    Hope this helps!
    Christi - http://www.christileaverton.com
    ChristisCandles

Answer by ChristisCandles at 3:13 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Oh yes things are selling on ebay I sold all my school books and really god money it depends on the product you are selling.I even sold my book that was still in the package for $95.00 and got it sold fast.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• why don't you walk into the vintage stores and ask them if they will buy the clothes from you or give you a website were you could sell your clothes.I know how to talk and I have to stores that are carrying my jewlery.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Apr. 12, 2009