Do you make your child do worksheet at home??

Cause my friend told me that is to much but I see that she knows a lot more then kids her age.

Should I stop??

Mz.PhatPhat

Asked by Mz.PhatPhat at 12:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have bought my dd about 10 Workbooks and the girl will finish them in 2 weeks or less. She loves learning and is way above her class. As long as the child wants to learn, encourage it.
    jjnaaucoin

Answer by jjnaaucoin at 1:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I do when they are on Christmas break, spring break and summer vacation. I don't make them work all day, just 2 or 3 sheets a day to keep them fresh.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• we do them all the time- and he still has plenty of time to paly and run outside ect
    :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• If they like to do it, fine, but I wouldn't force it.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• If my son does not have homework I have him do a couple pages of something. h ei sgood about it though. The he gets to go play his video games or whatever.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:22 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• If she's enjoying it, go for it!

You can also find some neat worksheets and crafts and stuff online. Google "preschool printables".
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I don't have to make him, he thinks they're fun, like coloring books. Does she like doing them?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:35 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• We homeschool, so yes :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:31 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• If they don't think it is work, or something they HAVE to do....they would have worked through the books in one sitting.
    Babs910

Answer by Babs910 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• you know your child. if they are enjoying it and they are still having time to play and be a kid, i dont think its a big deal to do worksheets.

i dont do any with my SD because we already spend an hour on homework. in the summer i will do activities with her and her little brother so that they stay on track. her little brother is in preschool right now and i haven't done much with him because i didnt know until really recently the options I had. Plus I am REALLY busy and sometimes just need a day to breath.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2009