Wedding Program Question!!

is it okay to have a wedding program that just says our names, date, place etc... then the wedding party and a thank you to our family on the back. do we have to include the order of events, songs, blah blah. our ceremony is short and its on a boat and everyone will be told whats going on and where to go next. I dont really even need them, but i made a cute sample and i thought it would be a fun extra favor to keep!!!

Candice_c3

Asked by Candice_c3 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Do what feels right. I liked to keep mine simple too, it's your day, no one will complain, and if they do, ignore them, it's about you and your huby to be.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• my sister did just that. she didn't have a program with lists of what was when or where but did more of a thank you type thing to the wedding party and anyone who helped. she included short paragraphs about each person and also included something for our brother who couldn't be there b/c he was deployed. everyone thought it was really nice, hers was on the beach and then the reception hall was right there. so afterwards people were just told to go to the reception hall and the dj kind of directed people as to what was going on when it was time for certain things (first dance, cake cutting, boquet/garter toss etc)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Certainly. It sounds very nice. It might make it more memorable to also list the events and songs, but not necessary.

Answer by Bmat at 1:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• We didn't even have a wedding program.
    Anonymous

• Also, in all honesty. Any wedding that I have gone to, I never kept the program.

Anonymous

• I'm making programs for our wedding that includes the whole nine yards, lol. and the only reason I did, is I'm making them myself, and it was SUPER easy. So I just went all out.

Do what will be right for YOUR ceremony, it's about you and your Hubby to be!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Your wedding , your day, do as you want! There is no set way to make out the programs. Sounds like you have include the main information which is all that matters.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 2:00 PM on Apr. 10, 2009