WHY IS THERE SUCH LITTLE TOLERANCE FOR AN OPPOSING POINT OF VIEW?

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE ANSWER SECTION ONLY, OVERALL IN THIS SITE, THE LACK OF RESPECT FOR AN OPPOSING POINT OF VIEW, THE NAME CALLING AND MOCKING OF PEOPLE'S VIEWS ON ANY TOPIC IS RUDE AND UNCALLED FOR.

Asked by older at 1:14 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • They don't really want an opinion, they want you to tell them how wonderful they are even if they are wrong.
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 5:33 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i agree
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• From my experience it's not just on this site or the internet, it happens in real life too. When you bunch a group of hormonal women together with extremely different view points and beliefs, it's bound to happen.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• It is quite annoying!! Some people are just crazy!! I just get a good laugh at them and thank god that I am not like that! You should look at it as a way to deal with people!! I know I do, I never want people to look at me like that so I try to always hear what other people have to say and if I don't like it I always say to them "Let's agree to disagree" and it seems to work most of the time!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I agree.

The thing is that people always have the mentality that they are "RIGHT DAMNIT"
    .
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• easter eggI've learned over time, not every battle can me won. There are ALWAYS going to be those individuals that HAVE to say something rude, condescending, immature, and well they just need to spew plain filth out of they're mouths to make themselves feel better! There is ALWAYS a polite way to share your opinion, It's just those who haven't learned to do so yet, or who feel the need to vent and take they're crap out on others, that make the mean comments. I don't even care anymore!

Anonymous

• maybe it's the estrogen? i've noticed a pattern with a lot of mom to daughter relationships.. sometimes it's great and usually if we're together long enough we'll start arguing over stupid things. my mom said she clashed with hers lot.. but the love was still there. i argue with my mom a lot too... my MIL does with her mom.but the way they handle their problems is kinda.. meh.. not handling it at all really. my best friend hates her mom.. loves her dad.

my mom was a daddy's girl. and now i am too. my brother is kind of a mommy's boy.. but just enough of a mommy's boy to be a man and make his own independent decisions. XD

although.. just a theory/observation.

if this were entirely true i'd have to wonder why cafemom hasn't imploded yet.

r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 1:28 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• p.s just be glad and thank god that you are a better person..and you can sleep at night knowing your complete and don't hurt others to feel better about YOU.

peace!
    Anonymous

• ANON, THANKS, YOU MAKE A LOT OF SENSE!

Answer by older at 1:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Especially in the politics questions
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 11, 2009