What can be done to make a teen go to church?

My niece won't go to church with us. She said that she prefers to stay with her friends.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• My mom tried pushing religion on me when I was younger. I HATED IT. I resented the church she made me go to and during service would just not listen and think about other things. When I was older and was more mobile (like 16) I found this other church that I absolutely loved, it was nondemonitional and far less traditional. You should let him(her) make their own decision and find God in their own way, or else theyll resent what you try to push upon them
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 1:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Why would you want to force a child to go to church? would'nt you rather have her realize that that option is available to her and have God all apon her when she/He is ready?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Are you raising her? If so, then she has to follow your rules and attend places that you go if she's under the legal age of staying home. If you aren't raising her, I don't see why you'd want her to go to church with you. From my experience, it's not best to push religion on anyone, it will only make them turn in the opposite direction. Just a thought.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Well if she isn't in your house and your not her provider you cannot "make" her attend church. Now if you are her legal guardian....yes she has to follow your rules until she is of age. To tell you the truth.....either way I wouldn't want to force her into somewhere she doesn' t want to be. Just let her know God is there when she decides to let him in.
    Anonymous

• No I'm the the provider neither I'm raising her. When I said Us it meant my sister, my husband, my two sons and I.
    Yes we respect her wishes. Thank you so much for your answers op
    Anonymous