Will I have another fast labor & delivery?

In 2005 I had my daughter and was in labor 18 hours. I got pregnant again 5 months later and had my son in 2006. I felt my first contraction at 9:50 am and delivered him at 10:52 am. Once I got to the hospital I was already fully dialated so they refused to give me an epidural. I had to deliver him naturally and was in terrible, terrible pain. Im pregnant again and TERRIFIED that the labor will go too fast for me to get drugs...lol. I even switched doctors so I can deliver at a hospital 15 minutes away from my home so we can get there fast when the time comes. Do I have a high chance of delivering really fast again?

Bella05

Asked by Bella05 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• as you know birth's are all different....i wish you all the luck in the world:)
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Every delivery is different. It's the "old wive's tale" that with each child labor and deliver go faster. But in all reality, theres no way to predict that.
    Good Luck Momma, just try to to stress too much about it.
    :) you'll be okay
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• 3rd babies are unpredictable, some go really fast and some can take onger than the first. My 1st was 21 hours, 2nd was 4 hours, and 3rd was 7 hours.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My second labor was less than two hours. My third was less than an hour. It's not something that you can predict, but if you go fast, you more than likely won't get an epidural.
    Anonymous

• my first labor was 10 hours my second labor was 23 hours and my third labor was 12 and ended up in a c section so nothing is predictable
    mrs.murphy06

Answer by mrs.murphy06 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 10, 2009