How to get my DD of the bottle at night?

My DD is 10 months and she still wakes up at night to drink! I have tried to let her cry it out but it lasted an hour and a half. She will not go to sleep. I have tried giving her water but she just won't drink it! any other suggestions? I also tried rocking her....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can slowly water down the formula, just a little at a tme, until she is drinking plain water....does she want to be held to? Or is it just the bottle that she wants?
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:37 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My daughter will be 11 months old on the 15th. she still wakes up at night too. She used to be a thumb sucker, but lost interest and never took a pacifier. i know getting her off the bottle at night time is going to be problematic! If you find something that works, let me know! Good Luck!
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 1:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• What's wrong with that? Some babies just need that bottle at night. My DD is also 10 months and gets up for a bottle around 4 am. I don't think I've ever even thought of trying to get her off it. She'll do it in her own time, I guess.
    Anonymous

• thank you! she wants to the bottle she does not want to be held..

Annon~ even the Dr's say they should not be waking up.if they are doing it over 9 months it is out of habit. so that is the reason i am trying to get her off..cause she is to old to be waking up to drink
    Anonymous

• I will tell you that the longer you wait, the harder it gets! ~ Have you seen Super Nanny and the kids refuse to go to bed because nobody makes them?!?! ~ Stay strong, stay clam and in control, and be firm with what you want to do......You need to be more stubborn than your child, and that's a tough one!
    If you want to truly let her cry it out, read up on it....Not form those opposed to it, but from those that do it the right way. It's about a 3 or 4 day process, so you have to mentally be ready for it (LOL!) But, I can tell you that you will be glad you did! Nobody that has done it has spoken out against it!!!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 2:43 PM on Apr. 10, 2009