Peanut Butter Cookies and Hershey Kisses?

I've never put Hershey Kisses on my peanut butter cookies before. Do you still criss-cross your pb cookies with a fork or just put the kiss on? How long after they come out of the oven do you wait before putting the kiss on the cookie?

Bethe333

Asked by Bethe333 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• No,no,no. You must put the kiss on the cookie while its baking. Do NOT criss cross with the fork trick. The first poster has the same recipe I do. It will make some nice cracked effects on the cookie when you press the kiss down in the center..Trust me
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 4:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I roll my dough in a ball, then roll the ball in granulated sugar then press the kiss right in the center and bake as usual. My sister openens the oven halfway through and puts them on her cookies she has criss-crossed with the fork. I think hers are messy though. Sometimes the choc. runs all over.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:10 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I bake the cookies and as soon as I take them out of the oven stick the kisses in.

Answer by Bmat at 2:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I put rolled balls of cookie dough, rolled in sugar on the baking sheet. Bake the cookies and as soon as they come out of the oven stick the Hershey's Kiss in the middle.
    Anonymous

• I put the kisses on right out of the oven and it works fine. The recipe is on the back of the Hershey Kiss package. I learned to form into balls, roll into sugar and press with a fork first.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Ok... I finally made my kiss cookies! I rolled into balls, rolled them in sugar, halfway through baking I put the kisses on and the came out PERFECT. :o) Thank you all for your responses!!
    Bethe333

Answer by Bethe333 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 21, 2009