Getting bit while putting orajel on?

What's the best way to prevent your toddler from biting you when you put orajel on their gums? I can keep him from doing it when I put it on the left side of his mouth but when I put it on the right side he chomps on me every time and it HURTS.

Bethe333

Asked by Bethe333 at 1:41 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• use a Q- tip
    krstqt123

Answer by krstqt123 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Ha!!! I bet you (krstqt213) were thinking "duh" when you read that question. :o)
    Bethe333

Answer by Bethe333 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• the orajel i have comes in q-tip form... maybe you should try looking for that kind.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 1:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Alternating between ibuprofin and tylenol work great for teething pain as well. Another good thing: frozen french fries. Let him sit in his chair and gnaw on a frozen fry to help with the pain.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 2:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Ya know what my dd likes? Those go-gurt things. Put 'em in the freezer and you have a yummy, healthy teething snack. She likes popcicles too, but not as healty :)
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I don't use orajel. That fact is all the slobber it causes washes it off the gums so you probably feel better using it but it's really not doing anything for your kids. Use Hyland's teething tablets instead.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 6:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My dentists told me that orajel is not good for a babies comes it eats away at them.I always use teeting tablets their in the pharmacy area and little safe tablets about the sice of a birthcontrol pill you are suppose to give the baby 2 or 3 and put them under their tounge,they disolve and they are safe.
    proudmom34

Answer by proudmom34 at 5:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2009