How much does it cost to get married at a park?

I'm just looking for a general number I'm trying to make a budget before I start calling around. There are a few around that are just a run of the mill town parks that aren't on the water or anything special but still beautiful. Does anyone have any ideas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We paid $35 for the first four hours and $10 an hour after.

Call your parks and rec office they should be able to tell you what parks have what amenities. ie: bathrooms, shelters, playgrounds, electricity. They were very helpful and nice to me.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• You should check with your city. They may require a permit.
    Anonymous

• I know where we live, it just depends on what type of setting you are looking for. A lot of places are free, but if you are wanting a pavillion or something there is a charge, $35 and up depending on size. Your best bet is to call your local parks and recreation department and ask them.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• You may need permission from your city/town's parks and recreation dept. We got married at a lighthouse and didn't pay a dime for that! Congrats on your wedding!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• You have to call your parks dept. The last place we lived it would be $175 just for the permit and only be for 3 hrs. The place we live now is $15 for 4 hrs and that includes a covered pavillion. It's all about location,location,location.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:58 PM on Apr. 10, 2009