im 8 months and 4 days how can i gain like 7 pounds before may???

I've only gained 9 pounds total and my doctor says my baby is only about 3 pounds at the most right now so she put me on bed rest and im trying to find everything possible to eat so i gain wieght do you have any suggestions?

yungbutready

Asked by yungbutready at 1:47 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My sis gained a lot of weight if she consumed too much sugar.
    Anonymous

• Don't eat junk food, but do try to eat what you can. Try to keep it healthy, with lots of fruits, veggies, whole grains and lean proteins. Are you taking your prenatals? Make sure that you are, and drinking plenty of water. Have they looked into possible reasons your baby might be growth restricted?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Take prenatals, and maybe ask your Dr about drinking thos vitamin drinks, I know the kid ones are called pediasure, but they help put on healthy weight. Make sure to eat helthy though cause bad sugars will not help your baby any more than not gaining wight.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:55 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• How much do you weigh? It's not uncommon for women who might have a few excess pounds to not gain much weight. It's not like you just want to gain weight for gaining's sake...and no one can really tell how much your baby weighs (though you'll hear that they can!)

I'd up my protein...yogurt, almonds, sunflower seeds (in yogurt is yummy), eggs, etc. Don't try just to gain weight...you want to get the best nutrients...babies usually gain about a half a pound a week at this point.

Good luck!!
    Kid_Coach

Answer by Kid_Coach at 2:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• A friend of mine had her first child a little boy, they said he was 7 pounds.... Yeah he came out 9 something and they almost had to c section her because of it... so it's not a perfected science i didn't gain my weight til the last tri. they were never really worried about it, for every pound i lost i gained it back till i was about 8 months and then it hit me!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• The idea isnt just to gain a lot of weight before then. You want to eat the right nutrients and make sure your baby is getting everything she should be. Eat lots of fruits and veggies, whole grains, protein and dairy. I know drs. claim to be able to tell how much a baby will weigh by an ultrasound but in reality its a pretty poor estimation.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• pizza, ice cream and malta ..try those there high in fat for baby and ice cream makes them big
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I gained the most when I had cravings for lava cakes...buy them in the freezer section and heat them up in the oven...so good!
    used2chaos

Answer by used2chaos at 5:13 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I ate cereal anytime I wanted a snack. Like maybe 2-3 times a day. It really helped my kids gain weight. Both pregnancies they was over 8LBS. I ate mini wheats alot. When I'd get up in the middle of the night I'd eat a tiny bowel of cereal so that might have done it and with this pregnancy too. Try ENSURE drinks, ice cream............. but make it healthy
    Anonymous