Have you ever felt someone die?

About 30 minutes before I got the call about my uncle's passing, I was walking down the hallway & felt a little something. I can't describe it really... just a subtle little *poof*. Kind of like... the pressure of a puff of air.... but not the air. If that makes any sense. I brushed it off & went on about my business.

It's not the first time I've had little experiences when things go wrong.

I know what it was.... and I'm sure most people will think I need medication after reading this... but is there anyone else here who's experienced something similar? Maybe we can share the cost of our medications.

Laura1229

Asked by Laura1229 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have felt it. Right before my grandmother died I felt so sick. I layed down and got a call 30 mins later that she had passed away. She was not sick, she had a heart attack so I was not expecting it.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• When my brother died, my mom and my aunts were painting at a house that they bought together. They heard a loud noise, searched the house, but didn't find anything out of place.
    Anonymous

• Anon did he die all the sudden? I always wonder if there is a different feeling when someone passes unexpectedly. This is interesting.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Yes my stepfather... It's weird... when the phone rang I just let it ring... I knew it was my babysister to tell me that dad had gone into the hospital and I knew he wasn't coming out this time...
    Then when he actually passed, I woke up in the middle of the night with an empty filling and just started crying... then the phone rang and again I would not answer bc I already knew...

It happened also when my ds went into surgery... I was looking out the window of the waiting room and knew he wasn't coming home with me... I felt more than seen or heard the dr come in I didn't even want to look at the dr bc he was crying too... it's an empty/cold feeling that I get...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Yes, it was unexpected.
    Anonymous

• gmasboy I am so sorry about your DS. I never knew that about you. :(

Thanks anon that is so interesting.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:09 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Yes.

I have a gift called "psychic empathy" - basically I can feel emotions and physical feelings of someone I'm touching or of a spirit that's in the room with me.

I learned I had this gift when I was sitting next to my grandmother's death bed. I took her hand, and all of a sudden felt great sadness and fear. Additionally, my lungs hurt and I felt a sharp pain in my liver area (she was passing away from hereditary cirrhosis). I started crying and said "Granny, it's okay, you can go home now". She gently squeezed my hand, so I knew she heard me.

I continued to feel the sadness and fear long after I left her side. I also would periodically feel twinges of pain. That night, I suddenly sat up in bed. It was 2:34 am. I felt great peace, joy, love, and no pain. I knew that moment that my grandmother had passed. The next morning, my mother came in to tell me that she had flat lined at exactly 2:34 am.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• gmasboy:

I want to send you a big virtual hug.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Thankyou pnwmom and jennijune... Ds was 10 days old and that was 27 1/2 yrs ago...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I got this feeling when my grandma died. I had been estranged from her for a long time because of the man she had married. Well, we had just started to get back in touch with each other and one night I just feel something tug at my hair as I was laying in bed reading. I never got a call though. It was about three days later, I was on the phone trying to call her and my mom was reading the paper. She looked and saw that my grandma had passed away in her home the same night I felt the tug.
    And the night my hubby's dad died, we went to the nursing hoem he was at and when we walked in the room there was such a crushing feeling of sickness and despair. After we had been there about ten minutes, the feeling lifted and I just started to quietly cry because I knew their (my hubby and BIL's) dad had died. My hubby's aunt apparently felt somethig to cause she leaned over and felt for a pulse and there was none.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 10, 2009