Ok so I got a one day period the beginning of the month, which is not common for me. Since then I've taken 3 preg tests and all were negative. I've been getting all the symptoms except for morning sickess although I feel weird flutters all day long in my stomach. I have a blood test on Wednesday. I'm scared it will be negative, and after 7 months of trying I'm setting myself up for disappointment. Has anyone ever took numerous urine tests that came out neg and the blood test was positive?????

BLoNdIe121679

Asked by BLoNdIe121679 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• When is your normal period due?
    Anonymous

• no but one day i was suppose to get my period and i had a dot of BLOOD. I WAS PREGO
    dianna1121

Answer by dianna1121 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I haven't sorry. But it has been known to happen. Good Luck to you.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I really feel for you,it sounds like you just want it to happen so bad that your setting yourself up for dissapointment. THAT BEING SAID. me and my hubby tried for...just about 7 months as well.... I had what I thought was a pos preg test, went to the health clinic and they did their urine test...it came out neg and I was so devestated.....waited 3 days and took a digital ept....came up pregnant( this all just happened in the last 3 weeks).... so you know, it might just be that your too early. count 14 days from the first day of your pd....that( within a couple days) would be your fertile time....it usually takes at leaset 10 days to show a pos result on a urine. take an ept, and if it doesnt turn out that you are, send me an email and ill tell you what my husband told his doc that appearantly worked! good luck!
    destiny00843

Answer by destiny00843 at 3:37 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i took multiple hpt's and even a blood test that all came out negitive until i was 2 weeks late and finally got a positive so don't get to discouraged
    zimmtobe

Answer by zimmtobe at 3:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• When I was pregnant, I even had a full period. I took three or four different pregnancy tests - store bought, they all came up negative. Then about a week later, I had a drug test for my job, and I decided to have them run a blood and urine test for pregnancy at the same time, and within seconds they were able to tell me I was five weeks pregnant. I was shocked. Now I have a one month old baby and she's absolutely beautiful.
    If you start craving ranch or anything like that, then you probably are. One day, I just woke up and I wanted ranch on everything. I would eat certain things just so that I could have ranch with my every snack or meal!! Just watch for that! =) Good luck!!
    guastella17

Answer by guastella17 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I have taken so many pregnancy tests and half of them are wrong. I just recently had a misscarriage and looking to be pregnant as soon as I can. We think I might be. But every test I take says different. Just get a blood test and find out sooner/
    ohbaby4678

Answer by ohbaby4678 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Well Thanks for the responses. I appreciate it. To answer someone's question, My period was due on Sunday March 29th. I had one day of heavy bleeding exactly on time, that followed 3 days of spots where I only needed a pantyliner. Weird. I know all about tracking my fertile days and I feel like an expert since we've been doing this since October. So I have the blood test next Wednesday at noon. I don't know anymore. I'm frustrated and discouraged. I get migraines, fatigued all the time.........I just wish it would finally happen for us.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 7:13 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• you're still way too early to feel movement, so those flutters are just gas. Don't get your hopes up. Stay optimistic that it will happen! We tried for 3 years...

Good luck!
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 3:56 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Actually if the blood wasn't a period at the beginning of the month, then I'd be at least 6 weeks and I read that many people feel flutters and different types of things very early on as the body starts changing and hormone levels skyrocket. I am very aware what gas feels like LOL. Obviously its not kicking or anything like that, but that butterfly feeling is very common in early pregnany (or so I read). So who knows whats going on.......this is why I was curious as to if anyone ever took a preg test and then a blood test and got different results. Thanks for the response. I didn't think that conception happened this month.....my mindset was thinking it happened last month...............hell I am not even ovulating yet until Monday.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 11, 2009