What Would you do when?

okay so my dh is way to nice to my 5month old(his dd) and he a little nice to his son (2yrs) what do i do that he really nice to one but not the other...there both our kids and i love my dh but he way to confusing
No bashing...i want help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Ask him about it. Talking through it will probably resolve things.
    Anonymous

• IDK, my hsband never used to realize that he played "favorites" until I pointed it out to him one day. I'd ask your husband about it maybe he doesn't know he's doing it.
    Anonymous

• Well, if he is like my dh, then he treats his dd like a little princess, and his dh like a tough little boy.

He loves them the same but he treats them differently. He acknowledges it and I guess I kind of understand it. As long as they love them the same.
    Anonymous

• Some men feel like they have to be "tough" with their sons so that they grow up very "masculine." It may not really be a favorites type of situation, but just the way he was raised to interact with his son.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Mine does it too with our kids. I ponted it out and it get get betetr, but his explaination to me was that the boys he wants to raise to be men, and teach them how to act and be respectful, and for his daughter he wants he to know that unless a man treats you as special as your daddy does he isnt worth your time. I tried to explain to him that the boys are just boys and will be men for the rest of their lives and he backed off a bit, it is not perfect still, but he did see my point. Just talk to him, but do it when you arent already mad about it but when you can both sit down and talk.
    Anonymous

• i would say cause one is a baby still and one is toddler that need guiding.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:41 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• op here- that dont give him the right to play favorites (imamom2-2kids)
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My husband 'seems' way nicer to our 12 month old son than our 5 year old son at times but it isn't that he is 'playing favorites'. In our case....our baby doesn't know right from wrong, or should I just say many things that my oldest knows. My 5 year old knows how to behave and what things not to touch, etc. and we expect him to follow our rules that were in place before the baby arrived. And when the baby is old enough to understand he will get the same treatment.
    Anonymous