Is my picker broken?

I just recently broke up with my boyfriend, and a guy friend of mine who I have been talking to told me my "picker" is broken. LOL meaning I can't pick a good man. He says he wants to write me a set of rules and a manual on how to pick a man. I have been with Mr. Cheat, Mr. Alcoholic, and most recently Mr. Hypocondriac. LOL Think maybe he is right and my "picker" is broken? LMAO!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• LOL
    Anonymous

• I was with an alcoholic and a few jerks. I went to al-anon to deal with my ex and I used to tell my friends I had to go to my bad picker meetings ( cause everyone their picked an alcoholic to) LOL My picker is broke too!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Maybe it's not broken, just easily fooled? Or the guys you have been dating are really good actors and should recieve grammy's. lol
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I posted this to give myself and maybe others in my position a good giggle. It is true though, I seem to pick men that want a mommy. LOL My friend is really planning to give me a list of requirements and rules to follow. I think its hilarous.
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 2:43 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I think your friend may be right. I think it would be really helpful if you thought seriously about the character traits that you want in a man. Also, think about the things you don't want. Write them down. Then when you next meet someone, evaluate him by your list. And don't have sex with him! When you have sex with a man outside of marriage, you immediately bond with him on the physical level, and then you are blind to his character flaws for a pretty good while. Then they become blaringly clear and you find that you really can't tolerate him at all. The best quality to look for in a man is willingness to commit in marriage. If a man's not looking for a wife, he's just not a good candidate for a husband, no matter what other qualifications he might have.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I'd say Hell Yeah, Write Me The List! If nothing else, it will make hilarious reading.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 2:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I asked my friend if he would just interview the men for me too, so I aint blinded by looks or sexiness. LOL
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 3:29 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My picker was broken, so I stopped picking! Lucky for me, DH picked ME instead! :-)
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:37 PM on Apr. 10, 2009