what time does your 2 yr old go to sleep?

just wondering what time should they go to sleep? My daughter won't go to bed until about 830 or 9pm. i think thats way to late. what do you think? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

casd

Asked by casd at 2:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My two year old gets story time between 7:30 and 8pm. He doesn't always fall asleep then, but he stays in his bed and is quiet which is all I care about. 'Sometimes he is still awake at 10pm.
    He is up at 7am everyday. He also takes a nap for about an hour during the day.

My first son didn't go to bed until we did,which was more like 10 or 11pm which means he got up later like we did. That was fine because we were all on the same schedule.`
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Usually she won't fall asleep till between 9 and 10. I would love if she went to bed at 8 like she used to, but ever since we switched to a regular bed from crib she's stayed up later.
    unknwndreamer

Answer by unknwndreamer at 3:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• We aim to get our son to bed around 7:30. I'm okay with him playing in his room before he falls asleep which is usually by 8:00. He use to take a 1.5 to 2 hr nap every day but we started having problems getting him down before 8:30 or 9:00. I've backed off a bit on naps (not pushing for him to sleep on days he doesn't seem to need or want but he still plays in his room) which seems to help get the bedtime back to the 7:30 or 8:00 range. he still naps most days for at least 40 minutes. He usually wakes up in the morning between 7 and 7:30.
    Anonymous

• 7 is EARLY in my opinion, but my DF works basically nights, even though its considered evenings, and I stay up to wait for him. My almost 3 year old goes to bed at about ten. Sometimes he wont fall asleep till one though. But the next day he'll take a good 3 hr nap too, which is fine by me. It doesnt hurt him and he's ALWAYS up by 8 at the latest no matter what, because "Mom, it's not dark out!"
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 4:31 PM on Apr. 10, 2009