Bottle to Sippy cup

How did you do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We called the sippy a big girl cup. Then we told my daughter that we were going to give her bottles to babies. She helped bag them up, then when she asked for them I told her "remember we gave them to little babies" you use big girl cups. It worked for me- Also if you take it away for good, keep them out of sight. If they see one then they want it. good luck mom-
    casd

Answer by casd at 2:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Took away a bottle a week and replace a feeding with the sippy cup. I introduced the sippy around 6 months so she'd get used ot it. It started more as a toy, but she got the hang of it. Then at 11 months I took one away and she ate a little less, but took it.
    Anonymous

• when it was time to make the switch from formula to milk I would only give the formula in a bottle and the sippy cup got the milk. Both my kids quickly realized the sippy had the better goods so we killed two birds with one stone so to speak
    AudreyJ

Answer by AudreyJ at 3:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Skip the sippy cup, go with a cup with a straw.

Toddlers could develop lisps and other speech problems from use of sippy cups, say speech pathologists.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=87120

Devory

Answer by Devory at 4:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I didn't. My son used both at the same time. Bottle for milk, sippy for everything else. I waited till he was ready to give up his bottle which wasn't until he was 2.5 years old. But it doesn't matter since a sippy and bottle are the same thing except one just looks more grown up.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:19 AM on Apr. 11, 2009