What is the dumbest thing you have had children services called on you for?

Someone once called children services on me saying I locked my son in a closet...its funny cuz I tell him that or tell him I will or tell him we don't feed kids on wednesdays or whatever day it happens to be. He knows I am joking but aparently someone thought I was serious. I laughed so hard.

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Hey, worried mommy: check out the gay infringement post. someone on there is saying that they know I am you. lol I told them they were wrong.
    Anonymous

• WOW! That's funny. I can't wait for my son to start Kindergarten. We always tell him if he is bad, he'll have to go see his gramma. He doesn't like her. He was talking to her on the phone yesterday and she asked him "When are you gonna come see gramma again?" He says to her "My dad and mommy say when I am bad I will have to come see you". I was like "oh god...please let her have misunderstood him." since she doesn't really listen very well anyway. LMAO!
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 2:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• worriedmommy- we've had are tiff before but this is coming from a fresh start. I don't think it's funny to joke around about locking your child in a closet to anyone or your child. Locking your children in a closet is a form of abuse and many people do it. I don't think joking around about abusing your child is funny and neither is laughing because someone called CPS on you. None of it is a laughing matter.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My ex mother in law called on me this week. We have a puppy and I told my son to get in the house so the puppy could beat him up (joking) and she got all mad at me. The next day the dog warden and children services at my house. Aparently I told my pitbulls (I have boxers) to attack my son....duh....she is always trying to cause problems
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• my MOTHER called on me a few years ago when she got pissed. she said i did not have food in the house, the funny thing was i had just pulled up with a trunk full of groceries when they came they did their business said it was a waste of their time and left. it damaged our relationship for a few years.
    Anonymous

• I think the best way to deal with shitty situations is to laugh it off....its better than getting all depressed...my son knows that I am joking and that is all that matters to me. He is healthy and happy and we always joke around
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 2:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• When my first son was about 6 months old, he was the chunkiest baby in the world. He had rolls on his rolls. Someone called and said that he was "neglected" and "was never fed". I know who it was that called it in...we were in the middle of a court case against my dad for raping me as a child...I met with the Detective that was working on my case and he helped get us cleared. It was a bunch of BS.
    Anonymous

• My aunt called them and told them that we were giving my eldest daughter 2% Milk instead of whole milk.... They come to my house and said, so I was told by someone that you give you baby 2% milk? and I was like yeah! soooo!, then they were like well, how old is your baby and I said shes not a baby anymore shes a toddler... who happens to be 16months old! They were like oh! and they looked so embarrased...Then I told them, please tell my aunt that she is crazy and will never see my daughter again!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• We've never had them called. But the one time we came close we were lucky enough that the teacher knew us and called us in to talk. The kids play room was in the basement at the time. We had the dogs kennel down there too. The dog was never locked in it, she just liked to lay in her bed while the kids played. But my darling pre schooler told her teacher we lock her in the kennel when she's bad. The kennel was moved to the shed that day and taken apart! I love my little story telling nutball.
    Anonymous

• for letting my kids play in the water without undies. WTH
    Anonymous