HOW EXACTLY DOES A GAY COUPLE INFRINGE IN YOUR RIGHTS??

BE IT RELIGIOUS OR OTHERWISE?

Asked by older at 2:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Relationships

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • lol, they don't. I know many gay/lesbians and if you didn't know them personally you wouldn't know their personal sexual preference, as for their beliefs and morals, I know many religious and none religious gays/lesbians. I think people 'assume' gays/lesbians stick out like sore thumbs, or that they're obviously people of low morals and values, these same people that think this way usually can't name even a handful of gays/lesbians they know personally... so, that says a lot to their views and credibility.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 3:27 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• In no way whatsoever. Good for them!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 2:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• they don't affect me at all . As long as they're happy then thats all that really matters
    casd

Answer by casd at 2:52 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Is this coming from another question? Obviously gay couples and people with different morals, beliefs and values can infringe on the freedom of religious expression. One part is religious freedom and the other is discrimination. Personally, gay couples don't infringe my rights.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Why do people care so much about other people's relationships? It has nothing to do with you personally, so why keep insisting that it's infringing your rights? To each their own. Everyone has the right to love whomever the want, and NOBODY has the right to tell them otherwise. What if you were told not to do something you believed in? Leave them alone already!
    Sitar21

Answer by Sitar21 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• LEGALMOMMY101, YES IT DOES, I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME UNDERSTAND HOW A GAY COUPLE CAN INFRINGE ON ANY ONES RIGHTS. BUT LET ME EXPLAIN SOMETHING, MOST GAY COUPLES HAVE VERY HIGH MORALS, MY DAUGHTER IS A LESBIAN, I DON'T SEE HOW HER VALUES AND MORALS INFRINGE IN RELIGIOUS EXPRESSION.

Answer by older at 3:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• If they are doing their own thing, whatever.

Its when they start showing up on tv shows and in commercials ect. That it bothers me. We keep close tabs on what our kids watch, but sometimes it sneaks up on you.

Its called desensitization. You see it enough, it becomes normal.
    Anonymous

• I have no idea. I have no issues with same sex couples. If theyre happy thats great for them! and i think its crap that they arnt allowed to have a piece of paper (marriage) making their relationship legal.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• most gay couples have very high morals: wow that sure is a blanket statement there.

Anonymous

• ANON, WHEN YOU SEE IT ON TV AND COMMERCIALS YOU HAVE TO REALIZE THAT THE NORM IS CHANGING WITH THE TIMES.

Answer by older at 3:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2009