How do I get my 8yo to stop playing with himself?

Hes always playing with himself and he does it a lot but he even does it in school.HELP!

anna345

Asked by anna345 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Well, I think that at 8 years old he can understand this concept. It is okay to touch yourself, if it is done in private. You should never touch anybody's else private parts and neither should you allow anybody else to touch yours. You are in control of your body but social rules are No you can't touch yourself in public. Hopefully this helps and if you want to find out if it is normal, check with your pediatrician, maybe there is a urinary trac infection that makes it itch if that is the kind of touching he is doing, now if it is the one I think it is, then just an open honest talk with him could help him understand that it is normal as long as he does it in private. Now, if you have a problem with it for some reason then disregard my suggestion.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:10 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• yup what the PP said
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:12 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Is he doing for pleasure or for some other reason. My nephew was grabbing himself a lot and my mom asked him why. He said that his pants were pinching his "parts". He needed bigger underwear and pants. When he got the next size of clothes, he stopped touching himself.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:12 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Ditto
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:12 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• forgot about the tight undies or the sticking problem(my son has this sometimes)
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2009