What does it mean to you to forget and forgive?

casperskitty

Asked by casperskitty at 3:07 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Forgiveness is something we have to do over and over, because the human mind doesn't forget....but over time with forgiveness in your heart you can get to where you "forget", or don't feel the same way towards whomever did the wrong that needed forgiveness for. Only God has the true priveledge and power of forgetting wrongs....we have the priveledge as human beings to keep on forgiving.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 2:55 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I think most ppl fogive but not many actaully forget.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:08 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• It's forgive and forget, the other way doesn't even make sense.
    Anonymous

• Basically means "get over it".
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 3:14 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• confusedLike it never happened, it depends what exactly happened then you can erase it from your memory. If it was no biggie to some but it is hard to forget.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• TO GET OVER IT
    casd

Answer by casd at 3:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Well, the Bible says to forgive and then forget as far as the east is from the west. So, I guess that means that if you have forgiven, then you should not even be able to remember what the problem was anyway!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• It means to let the person you know that did something to you that you are still ok with them after that did something wrong. I will forgive someone but I will never forget. I could be something little or something big. Case in point, my cousin was murdered by his adopted son and most of the family forgave him for what he did but we will never forget that he took a wonderful man out of this world. When it is something as big as a death, it takes a lot to forgive the person but it does help you to move on and remeber the decesased in a good way.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I can forgive but never forget.
    Damions_mom

Answer by Damions_mom at 10:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2009