Didi you follow your parents faith or choose your own path?

i folowed my own but respect theirs

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• A little of both . . .
    I was raised Christian, left the church when I was in my 20's to practice Wicca, and came back to the church about a year later.

I still retain some of what I learned from my "metaphysical" phase, LOL.

I am a Christian 100%, but don't believe in a lot of the traditional Christian concepts, so in that respect, I am following my own path.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i grew up in the church. when i became an adult i learned the true meanign of having my own personal relationship with god and i have taught my children to have their own relationship.
    jestamom

Answer by jestamom at 3:29 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My parents were different faiths. I lean towards my mothers.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 3:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• my parents were 'spiritual but not religious'. i finally found my own after almost 10 years of searching. and i don't know if any of my family members know i'm an Atheist.
    zombie_mommy

Answer by zombie_mommy at 3:43 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I followed my parents path(and the one I thought was mine) for 34 yrs.
    Then I realized I didnt believe anymore and followed another that was truly my own.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 3:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• my own.. my step mom was a holiday only catholic and dad was raised presbytarian but I was NOT raise in either denomination.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• my mom's
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• I follow my parents' LACK of faith LOL my mom is basically areligious, doesn't really care. My father was a more vocal humanist/atheist. Neither of them were brought up very religious either- my dad had so many questions that he majored in philosophy and religion in college. He used to say that he educated himself right out of believing in god... We went to a UU church a few times when I was young, but it felt weird to all of us, so we stopped.
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My mother is JW... I'm a pagan witch...

Answer your question?!? lol

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My parents had a Christian background, but we didn't go to church and they didn't follow God. They lived an unbiblical lifestyle when I was growing up, and I was exposed to alot. I thought that was just how people lived. So I guess when I was a teen and I was rebelling, it wasn't really rebelling, but doing what my parents did. lol.

I got saved at 19, because God intervened in my life and grabbed me. My parents are serious followers of God now too, but we all kinda came to the same faith during the same couple years that I was saved in. My mom works at the church now. I am sooooo happy my mom and dad love the Lord now.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 4:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2009